Name: Susie Tonkin
DOB: 27 December 1982
Place of birth: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Occupation: Diamond Lover
1. What do you love about being a Mama?
I’m needy - so surrounding yourself with people who love you is addictive. You are their whole world.
2. What do you find the hardest thing about being a Mama?
The unspoken lessons no one tells you the first few years of postpartum. These munchkins are going to pull you so far away from who you used to be. Then they put you back together as the person you’re meant to become.
3. What are your go-to beauty products and favourite brands?
I’m not really into products. I prefer to invest in treatments like IPL or a peel. For skincare, I have only ever used Cetaphil Sensitive Face Wash and Redwin's Sorbolene with Vitamin E ($3.95).
4. How do you manage to stay in shape?
I never used to be into exercise. I’m still not but now I do F45. I love the music and I’m the only person who walks out dry! I don’t do burpees. I don’t jump, hop, and if it hurts I stop 😂 And it’s over before you know it.
5. How do you find time to rest and relax?
Huh? Rest? Relax? Non-existent at the moment. Luckily my partner in crime is pretty awesome and will step up and take charge on the weekends - especially after working crazy hours all week.
6. Where are your favourite places to go in Sydney (restaurants, cafes, kids activities etc.)?
My favourite places are adult-only venues late at night.
7. What are your favourite things to do together?
Greeting the babysitter at the door on a Wednesday night so Mama and Dad can have a date night!
8. Any travel tips with small children or a new baby?
Do what you need to do to survive! I would suggest not to take them! They won’t remember the holiday and you will have a much better time without them.
9. Where is your favourite place to vacation with your family?
With our kids, it needs to be either a beach or skiing holiday - let them burn that energy!
10. What is your signature style and favourite fashion brands?
I love everything I can’t afford! My style is pretty relaxed. I would like to be more put together. A great piece of jewellery will fix any outfit.
Susie wears Love Letters JAS necklace in 18k solid pink gold with diamonds.
Film photography: Jack (7), Gus (5) and Sophie (5)